Saturday, June 30, 2012

Welcome to the World, Baby!

Welcome to the world Baby Brindley!

Silas Brindley, 30, and Maeve Brindley, 30 


Narrated by Silas





It seemed like the baby was taking forever to arrive. Maeve and I set up a small, makeshift nursery for the baby on the landing outside our bedroom; we figured it would be easier to have the baby in easy reach until he or she was a little older.


Then we focused on just enjoying these last few weeks of her pregnancy. She was unimpressed with her growing belly but I thought she looked beautiful and made sure she knew it every chance I got.



 I also talked to the baby a lot. I swear it heard me. Every time I began to talk to her belly I'd get a little kick against my hand. I couldn't wait to meet the little one. Neither Maeve nor I had any preference on gender so we were eager to find out what the baby was.


As Maeve's due date approached she tried a lot of different things to try and start labor. Nothing really seemed to work until she made herself chili for lunch one day.


By that evening she was in the throes of labor. I don't know if was coincidence or really the chili but we'll say I was a little unprepared for how much pain she ended up in.



I had no idea what I could do to help her so I just stood by for moral support and waited for her instructions.


The first (and only) instruction she gave me was to hold our new son! She seemed a little rushed, though, and didn't stop to enjoy him. I was oblivious until a few minutes later. I stopped and took in our little boy's sweet baby face and his dark red hair.  His eyes are brown, like mine.


The next thing I knew, Maeve was whispering "She has red hair and brown eyes, too." I was in shock. Twins! What were we going to do with twins! We needed to change the room plan, there was no way two babies would fit on the landing.


Well, some quick rearranging allowed us to change a room downstairs into a nursery for the babies and I ran out to buy a second crib. I have a feeling things will be crazy for the next little while. Maeve and I had been planning on two kids but we were expecting to have a few years to recover in between them!


Welcome to the world Jordan Gregory and Juniper Caroline Brindley!



Pic Spam because Maeve and Junie are adorable:



Notes:
  • Juniper and Jordan are natural twins, no triplets and quads hack or twin benefit here!
  • I have no idea where the red hair came from. All of Maeve's sisters are blonde and all of Silas' siblings are brunettes. I must have created their parents with recessive red hair.

2 comments:

  1. Twins! I'm kind of jealous, because my Sims haven't had twins in ages. I'm glad Maeve and Silas at least had the space for them. They look like they're going to be great parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a couple sets of twins but they were all born before I stopped allowing my sims the fertility benefits. This is the first pair that I've noticed being natural (although I don't usually pay much attention so a couple of the other sets might be natural). Usually my towns don't have natural twins at all so this was a surprise for me.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete