Monday, May 14, 2012

A Brief Introduction to Dieudonné

Hello All,

Caitria here and I'd like to tell you all about Dieudonné, a town that I created in The Sims 2.

I've been playing The Sims since TS1. I own TS3 and TSMedieval but I very rarely play them. For some reason I always find myself coming back to TS2; it is truly where my heart lies.

I started Dieudonné over two years ago as a challenge with my sister to see if we could play a whole town, on rotation, without getting bored and creating new families. The only cheat allowed was money to get the families into decent homes to begin with (and maxmotives only if in dire need). We each made 15 families of varying sizes and makeups and started with an empty hood on our respective laptops. A lot of the families in these towns melded together very quickly. There were a few families with large numbers of children that intermarried and had a couple more of their own. I never really thought about my population until I realized that I had families with 14 kids and each of these kids were going to soon start their own.





The original families of Dieudonné were (the family names will be clickable once I have pages up for them):


The Pitre Family
Euripides Pitre with his son Osiris and Osiris' children Kyriakos, Xanthe, Calliope, and Aurelius.


The St. Pierre Family
Lachlan St. Pierre with his children Basil, Tallulah, Marguerite, and Vera, and grandchildren Westley (Marguerite's son), Pedro (Basil's son) and Galina (Vera's daughter).

The O'Sullivan Family
Austin O'Sullivan with his children Eden, Caspar, Greta, Ursula, Hero, Morrigan, and Echo.


The Warwick Family
Calanthe Warwick with her daughters Lilac, Moriah, Jada, and Ariana.


The Hartman Family
Barnabas Hartman, son Lyle Hartman, and Lyle's children Noemi, Fraser, and Philippa.


The Vallee Family
Alphonse Vallee, son Geoffrey Vallee, and Geoffrey's children Aurora, Henrietta, and Camille.


The Soloman Family
Maximiliano Soloman with his daughter Alessandra and her children Persephone, Leandro, Timaues, Antigone, Ariadne, and Aristotle. 


The Cook Family
Evangeline and Simone Cook with their daughters Hannah and Lilian.


The Albright Family
Leo and his son Jules, Corbin and his son Vaughn, and Jules and Vaughn's children Nico, Juliana, and Eleni.


The Olmstead Family
Ares, his daughter Jessamine, Jessamine's husband Teagan, and their children Genevieve, Mathilde, Graham, Margareta, and Theodora.


The Blackburn Family
Alexei and Sophie, Alexei's parents Octavian and Clementine, Sophie's parents Asher and Joy, and their children Laurent and Othello.


The Brindley Family
Ava Brindley, son Kevin, and Kevin's children Tessa, Rachel, Silas, Oliver, and Harry.


The Rowland Family
Marcel and Xerxes with their children, Amelia, Sebastian, Kacper, and Yekaterina.


The McCarney Family
Alastair McCarney and his children Vladimir, Balthazar, Liesel, Desmond, and Malachi.


The Miller Family
Sisters Adriana and Lizette Miller, Adriana's husband Doyle, and Adriana and Doyle's daughter Isla.

All ages, elder to toddler were represented. Now, all of the elders have died, their adult children are elders and beginning to die off as well, and the oldest children (teens when the hood started) are starting to age into elders.

The next few posts will introduce each of the families as a general overview. You will see how the families stand today, meet the grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and in some cases the great-great-grandchildren of the founders. Interspersed throughout these family posts there will be some informative posts explaining my current gameplay and how that has changed since I started as well as any other information that might be helpful before I start posting  regular updates on the families.

Questions and comments are always welcome and will be answered/responded to in a timely manner. This is my first blog and, more importantly, my first Sims blog so constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Inspiration to actually give in and create this blog goes to Carla at sullivansims.blogspot.com; hers was the first Sims blog I've read in its entirety and a lot of her posts as she changed her own gameplay inspired changes in mine as I saw how ideas different from mine worked when they were executed. I've been having a lack of inspiration in my writing endeavors so using my sims and the things they get into to direct a story seems like just the prompt I need.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment