Monday, February 25, 2013

May 2000 University Update 2

Freshmen 1



Narrated by Fae


It's been interesting adjusting to university life. I ended up living with Kalypso, Evadne, and Aurelia. Technically Aurelia, as my father's youngest sister is my aunt, but we consider each other more like cousins since I'm a few months older. Aurelia and Kalypso were best friends when we moved in so they took the double room, I got a single, and Evadne, who none of us really knew, got the other single. It took some getting used to, but we figured out a schedule of meals. Note: Kalypso is not to be in charge of breakfast.


One of the great things is always having someone else awake to study with when you decide 3am is the best time to get stuff done. 


I've been getting to know some of the local women, which is always fun. I never thought I would be the type to be attracted to a cheerleader.


Or a woman who works in an office.


But that's neither here nor there. We've done a few random things. One weekend we decided it would be fun to babysit all of little siblings and nieces and nephews. We had Evadne's baby brother and sister, Alastriona and Caspian, Kalypso's niece and nephew, Jillian and Dmitri, and my cousins/Aurelia's nephew's, Francesco and Roberto. It was a bit crazy having a four year old, two three year olds, two two year olds, and a one year old. 


After that chaos we needed a ladies' night out. A dinner at the restaurant on campus seemed like just the treat. I told the girls about the girls I'd been seeing. Aurelia was a bit scandalized, she is too sweet for her own good.


And Aurelia filled us in on some cool things she'd been learning in her biology classes. I think she was trying to make me see the error of my ways.


Evadne's mom, Ariana, would not stop calling her. I thought it was pretty surprising since Evadne's older siblings, Clifford and Zinnia, went off to university only two years ago. You'd think she would have been used to it by now. I'm glad my parents don't keep that close of tabs on me. I'm enjoying be out of the house.


I quickly got to be close friends with all of the girls. I'm really glad that nobody clashed. I can't remember a single fight this year, aside from some lighthearted picking on Kalypso after she caused two fires in a row on her turns to cook. When we first started hanging out Kalypso and I weren't all that interested in each other romantically, we thought it was nice to have another like-minded woman in the house, but never even considered dating. One night, though, recently, after a night of staying up talking, she went to go downstairs to go to bed and we found ourselves kissing in the hallway.


We weren't sure what to do about it so we continued on the next day as though nothing had happened. Everyone just continued hanging out as we usually do.


She tried teaching me to play football, which I truly suck at, in an attempt for things to go back to our previous friendship, we didn't want to compromise the living situation or lose the friendship we'd had.


But we seem to have an inability to stay away from each other now.


I'm not really sure what to do about this. I know Kalypso is looking for a steady relationship and that's not something I was considering for a long while yet. I'd usually let things develop on their own and just wait to see what happens, I just don't want her to end up hurt. Well, I guess it's a good thing I have my own room. I can think up there in quiet.



Notes: Kalypso and Fae went from having negative chemistry (the red x) to kissing and suddenly having two bolts. Then I couldn't keep them away from each other. A family sim with an IFS of 5 and a romance sim with an IFS of 1 should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment