Monday, March 4, 2013

May 2000 University Update 3

Sophomores


Rosalie, Gideon, Alan, Chloe
Arielle, Adelaide, Christabel, Riordan

Narrated by Chloe and Arielle



Chloe: I love our apartment. I have my own space apart from Arielle but she lives just across the courtyard so we can visit each other often. I don't usually go to Arielle's apartment, but she comes over here a lot. Sometimes it's just to visit; she's really good friends with Alan.


Other times it is to help out, like when Rosalie needed some tutoring. She was put on probation this semester and it was a lot of work to get her to pass. Arielle took it upon herself to make sure that Rose passed all of her classes. It means Rose is behind us a semester, but at least she didn't get kicked out.


And speaking of Rosalie, I don't know what to do about her. She seems to be accepting of my advances, but she's also adamant that she is not interested in women. I've been getting a lot of mixed signals from her and I'm debating if she's worth my time. 


I called up Tessa, she's a friend of my family's and Rosalie's sister-in-law by way of her sister Erin. She's known Rose since she was a little girl so I thought she might be able to give me some insight on her. Unfortunately it didn't help much.


All Tessa kept telling me was to wait and see what happens and that it would all work itself out. I hope she gets better at giving advice when her daughters are teens.



For now  I'm just going to take that advice, though, I guess, since I don't have many other options. It would be nice if Gideon and Alan would keep their hands off each other, though.These boys are like rabbits.


And, speaking of rabbits, they apparently managed to get themselves knocked up. I overheard them arguing the other day about what to do. 


It seems Alan has no interest in raising a child at this point but Gideon refuses to have an abortion. I think Alan checked out for a while, simply refusing to consider any options.


But eventually Gideon shamed him into at least listening. They don't want to break up but with Alan not wanting kids I don't know what they'll do. Adoption is always an option for them, but that's not something I thought Gideon would ever consider.


They haven't made any decisions yet, aside from saying no to an abortion, and I want them to choose what's best for them. But I would be lying if I didn't say I almost hope they choose adoption. I don't know if I could still live with them if they had a kid here. I did not come to school to deal with babies.


Gideon seems to be having a lot of trouble with this decision. He invited Eloise over with her baby, Flora. Flora is 5 months old and the perfect age for cuddly cuteness.



He talked with Eloise for a long time and asked her how she handles being a single mom and school. Her answer? Love. Apparently she finds the bundle of drool worth it.She says it was very hard at first but they've fallen into a routine and she just makes it work. She has no choice so she tries to enjoy it.


I could see that Gideon was being won over by the baby, but he keeps insisting he's not going to make a decision yet. He has a lot to think about and he doesn't want to ruin his relationship, either.


On a lighter note, I have decided that I want to eventually open my own bakery. I've been testing my recipes out on my room mates and they all seem very pleased.


 I do other things, too like a nice turkey dinner. I'm having fun experimenting with foods and my test subjects seem very pleased with their jobs as tasters.



 Arielle:

Luckily, my apartment hasn't been nearly as exciting as Chloe's. I've also been testing out some new foods on my room mates so it's very discouraging to see someone sneaking a snack in the middle of the night. Ahem. Riordan.


But it works out fine because whoever cooks gets off dish duty.


 If only getting out of cleaning was always that easy. Recently Adelaide and Riordan were up late playing in the courtyard which meant they slept in the next day.



So I got stuck cleaning the bathroom. And nobody in this house is neat. That room was nasty.


Christabel got out of it by having homework to do.


Which was interesting because soon after I saw her leave on a date with her boyfriend Carson.



At least when Adelaide says she has homework to do she actually does some.


Oh, the most exciting thing in our lives was the week we were all sick. Riordan and I ended up staying on the couches for just about the whole time. It was miserable.


 But seriously, since when is this homework? I don't think either of them are taking CPR classes...




NOTES:
  • Okay, seriously, ACR is wreaking havoc in these apartments. All of the uni students are now properly on birth control if they can have it. I'm trying out Carla's method over at Sullivan and it seems to fit really well with how I see these guys. Now, if I'd had the boys on birth control a week ago when I had them visiting another lot they wouldn't have gotten pregnant. 
  • As for the pregnancy... I'm leaning toward adoption for them. Alan won't want kids until he's much older, and although I see Gideon as being interested in the kid I don't see him wanting to ruin his relationship for it. He and Alan are constantly romancing each other autonomously and I think it would be very hard for Gideon to leave Alan over this when he wasn't really wanting kids this soon either. He wants to be able to easily support a family before he has one.
  • And since nobody knows these guys yet I'll share. I'm thinking possibly this couple, Graham and Eden, for the baby's parents. They're in their mid-40s so it's not likely they'll be able to conceive again on their own, they have one daughter who is nearly 16, and their IFSs are 6 and 3. I was going to leave them with just the one kid but this is a nice way to get them to two. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this makes me glad I don't have the same sex pregnancy mod in my game! I consider my same sex couples a nice break from the "will they get pregnant?" concerns I have with my straight couples! Gideon and Alan have some tough decisions to make now. Maybe Gideon could have some kind of open adoption arrangement with the adoptive parents, if that's the route they decide to go?

    Glad the BC method is working out for you! I guess it's a shame it came a little too late for Alan and Gideon but it's given you an interesting storyline anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I have the mod in is because sometimes I get really disappointed that I won't see what the offspring would have looked like of a particular sim. I love seeing how their genetics all get passed on. I am realizing that I'm not quite sure how to explain away an accidental same sex pregnancy, though, alien could always be the excuse for couples trying to get pregnant but it doesn't quite work here...

      An open adoption is a good idea since often it is just one parent that attempts to keep in contact with the adoptive parents. Then Alan could keep on doing his thing. I wonder how he'd react if Gideon was getting regular updates on the baby and visiting it while Alan is just trying to move on. Hmm...

      It's definitely given me an interesting storyline, though, and something that will continue being a plot line for rounds to come if they go with adoption.

      Delete
  2. I can see how accidental same-sex pregnancy could be a problem to write in. I have a plan I'm toying with for one of my male couples, although what happens in-game will be different to what happens in the story - I'll have one of the men get pregnant to the other, but in-story (because I try to keep a realistic hood) the man's sister would be acting as a surrogate. This means his genetics get passed on, and it also explains the family resemblance. I'd just be careful how I posed any pictures during the pregnancy. Of course, something like that only works for planned pregnancy... and like Carla, I'm glad I don't have the same-sex pregnancy mod because I already have too many surprise babies in this hood!

    LOL at CPR classes! The whole second part felt very real, with the less-than-helpful roommates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think adoption is a great choice for them, I didn't even realize there were same sex pregnancy mods, it's not something I've looked into, so I was surprised at first!

    I agree the last half felt very real, there always seems to be some strife with public displays of affection, and who will clean up what. Add in buying groceries, and someone consuming more than yourself... and you got roommates!

    Tessa did not give good advice! Just wait and see, it'll all work out, that is pretty lame cliche advice! I can see why she was disappointed in receiving that advice. I do hope things work out for her though.

    ReplyDelete